In this article I’ll show you some of the best web sources on how to get rid of acne scars fast with home remedies. Getting rid of acne is quite easy but removing acne scars is another ball game. I know it because i suffered it. Acne scars will go on their own with time-may be within one to two months after the acne itself has healed. However, if you want to get rid of acne scars fast then you must apply some topical solution. These remedies can be applied to remove acne scars not only on face but also on shoulders, chin or even your back too.
11 Top Remedies to Remove Acne Scars
There are various natural ingredients that you can apply on scars to remove scars from your face.
1. Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Lemon is a natural bleach. Vitamin C in lemon helps in rebuilding collagen. When you use lime juice on your acne scars, the spots get lighter day by day.
Lemon juice is an excellent skin lightening agent. It is the acid in lemon juice that helps brighten your skin and make the scars less visible. It can, in fact, fade away freckles and lighten the dark scars faster. Not only scars, if you have swollen pimples, lemon juice can help reduce its redness too. And it is probably the most easily available ingredient lying there in your fridge. So, you just need to get it from there and squeeze out some of its fresh juice to apply to your acne scar, everyday! However, just do not step out in sun after applying lemon juice to your skin. It makes your skin sensitive to sun’s rays. Even hours after when you step out of your home, do not forget to apply sunscreen to shield your skin.
How to use lemon Juice for acne scars
- Take a fresh lemon and squeeze out its juice. Apply this juice directly on your scars with finger tips or a cotton ball, leave it for ten minutes and wash it off with water. Do this once a day for two to three weeks during which you can see your scars diminish considerably. If you want, you can also mix honey with your lemon juice to make it some more effective in reducing the acne scars.
- If your skin is very sensitive, dilute lemon juice by mixing some rose water and then apply on your scars.
- You can even mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with two teaspoons of Vitamin E oil and then apply this to your acne scars. Vitamin E is a very good emollient with a lots of antioxidants that protects and even improves your skin texture.
Make a lemon mask to remove pimple scars
You will need:
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Almond oil – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Mix them all and apply on the scars once daily for about 7-10 days. You’ll see the difference.
- After applying lemon juice, never ever step out in sun!
2. Lemon and Honey for acne scars removal
- Lemons- 1-2
- Honey (optional)- 1 tsp
- Cotton ball
- Squeeze the lemons to take out the fresh juice in a bowl.
- Add the honey to this lemon juice and mix well.
- Dip the cotton ball in this mixture.
- Now apply this mixture on your cotton ball to whole of your face or the area where you have acne scars.
- Leave for about 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with water and pat dry.
- Do this once every day for at least 2-3 weeks.
3. Honey for Acne Scars
Honey, along with acne, is also capable of treating acne scars.
How to use honey for acne scars
- Apply honey on the scars and leave it overnight. Wash off in the morning.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with ¼ cup of oatmeal. Apply this mixture gently on pimple scars. Leave it for about 15-20 minutes then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Add ½ tsp of cinnamon powder with 1 tbsp of honey and apply on scars. Leave it for an hour. You can even use it overnight. Then wash off.
Make a honey-aspirin mask to remove pimple scars
Although aspirin is not a natural ingredient but you can always use it with honey to get rid of your acne scars. The salicylic acid in aspirin does wonders and its gritty texture gives you perfect exfoliation.
You will need:
- Honey- 2 tbsp
- Water- few drops
- Put the aspirins in a few drops of water till they get dissolved into it and form a paste. Don’t use too much water as you need a gritty texture for exfoliation.
- Add honey to this aspirin-water paste and mix
- Apply on your scars and leave for 15 minutes.
- Now wash it off.
Here are the more ways to get rid of acne and it’s scars with honey
4. Aloe Vera
This wonder herb, Aloe Vera, not only soothes swollen skin but also helps in regenerating damaged tissues boosting the healing process. It’s better to use fresh gel like substance directly from the aloe vera leaf than to use over the counter products containing aloe vera
How to use aloe vera for acne scars
Take an aloe vera leaf and peel its outer green cover. You’ll see a gel like substance beneath its green outer cover. Take out this gel and apply it on your scars. Leave it for about half an hour and then wash off.
Apply aloe vera gel twice daily to see the results in just few days. Not only will your acne scars will diminish but also your skin will start glowing and will become tighter.
Please read the full article here: